Welcome to Fairy Meadow Surf Life Saving Club! Fairy Meadow SLSC is a community-based organisation that provides a range of services, including volunteer beach patrols, first aid & CPR training, surf education for juniors, surf sports competitions, and a host of social and charitable events for its members.If you are looking to join us, please feel free to browse our website and Contact Us.
Fairy Meadow Surf Life Saving Club was founded in 1950 by a group of local residents, to safe guard the people of Fairy Meadow and the Balgownie areas, that swum at our beach.
Today the club is run by locals and university students who live in the area and still promotes the same safe beach environment. We continue to promote a fun and safe environment for all of members and the general public. Being a member of Fairy Meadow SLSC provides you with life-skills but also facilitates the formation of friendships, many of which become life-long.
– CLUB UPDATE FROM THE EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE –
With the fast changing and updating information, here is a summary of the steps taken by Fairy Meadow SLSC in relation to Covid-19.
- All patrols have been suspended effective immediately for the rest of the season, at the direction of SLSNSW.
- An emergency response team is being organised, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are available.
- Both our Juniors and Seniors Presentation have been postponed until later in the year.
- The Club is also closed until further notice and all access will be restricted during this time.
EARLIER END TO THE 2019/20 PATROL SEASON
The 2019/20 patrol season has ended early this season due to the Covid-19 health crisis. From SLSNSW: “Surf Life Saving NSW has announced that effective immediately, all patrols by volunteer surf lifesavers on NSW Beaches will be cancelled for the remainder of the season.
This decision was made to protect the safety and welfare of volunteer surf lifesavers from potential infection by the COVID-19 virus and to discourage large gatherings of people on NSW beaches.”
A massive thank you to all our patrolling members this season! Also a thank you to every other club and Surf Life Saving Illawarra who were able to help us meet our patrol commitments.